Through a rigorous strategic planning process and analysis of school performance across Buffalo, Cullen Foundation prioritized the need to improve access to high quality schools for historically underserved populations. Cullen has committed to dramatically increasing the number of high-quality seats in schools across the city that serve a majority of economically disadvantaged students via four primary investment strategies:
- Replicate and grow proven high-performing charters
- Incubate new high-performing charters
- Support the academic growth of mid-performing charter schools
- Invest in human capital pipelines that meet the needs of Buffalo charter schools
In 2016, Cullen awarded targeted grants to the following charter schools to support their efforts in making and exceeding state performance benchmarks.
- Charter School of Applied Technologies - High School
- Elmwood Village Charter School, Hertel Campus
- South Buffalo Charter School
- West Buffalo Charter School
In 2017, Cullen awarded grants to the following:
- Buffalo Academy of Science Charter School
- Enterprise Charter School
All Buffalo area charter schools are eligible to apply to Cullen through our bi-annual responsive grant cycle.
Cullen Foundation will begin its strategic human capital investments in 2017, following a comprehensive analysis of the talent landscape.